Robusta coffee beans have more caffeine than Arabica beans. Thus, if you make coffee with robusta beans, the coffee will be 83% stronger than if you make it with Arabica beans. Robusta beans have proven to be a great substitute for Arabica beans. Robusta’s strong, bold and earthy flavor produces a coffee that is much more suited for some of your favorite espresso drinks than Arabica beans are. The bean is also less expensive than its counterpart, making it a great option for home brews and cafés alike.
Does Robusta Coffee have caffeine?
Robusta Coffee contains 265mg of caffeine per 8 fl oz cup and 33.12mg of caffeine per fl oz (112mg per 100ml).
|Serving size||Caffeine Amount||Caffeine strength|
|8 fl oz cup||265 mg||EXTREME|
|12 fl oz cup||397.5 mg||EXTREME|
How Much Caffeine is in a Robusta Coffee?
- Caffeine Amount: 265 mg
- Caffeine strength: EXTREME
- Calories: 0cal
- Serving size: 8 fl oz cup
Robusta Coffee Caffeine by Brewing Method
- Robusta Drip or Filter: 265 mg per 8 fl oz
- Robusta Brewed: 198 mg per 8 fl oz
- Robusta Espresso: 141 mg per shot
Compare caffeine in Robusta Vs. other coffees
|Robusta Coffee||8 fl oz||265mg|
|Caffe Mocha||12 fl oz||152mg|
|Instant Coffee||8 fl oz||57mg|
|Decaf Coffee||8 fl oz||6mg|
|Turkish Coffee||2 fl oz||50mg|
Ingredients in Robusta Coffee
- Ground Robusta Coffee Beans
- Robusta is an important part of the world’s coffee market. In fact, it accounts for almost half of global production. Most of this comes from countries such as Kenya and Guatemala.
- Robusta is grown as a cash crop, and the majority of its farmers depend on the income generated from this crop. This helps them to feed their families and also makes sure that they do not starve.
- Robusta is often blended with arabica beans, but there is some evidence that this process may be harmful to consumers.