International Coffee Day (October 1st) is celebrated around the world to promote and celebrate coffee drinking. First known in 2005, it became a global event in 2009. Its goal is to increase awareness about Fair Trade coffee production. Most people associate coffee with the morning hours, so they drink it during lunchtime too.
National Coffee Day is a day to celebrate the beverage that fuels the world. This day has been celebrated for more than 30 years.
Coffee is one of the most popular beverages in the world. It is consumed by more than 400 million people on a daily basis, and it has been estimated that coffee drinkers spend about $30 billion per year on coffee beans. However, not all coffee drinkers are created equal – some are more loyal to their morning brew than others. For instance, it has been estimated that Americans drink about 5 billion cups of coffee each year, which means that they drink about 3 cups per day on average.
There are many ways to celebrate National Coffee Day but one way is to go out and buy your favorite cup of joe from your local shop or even Starbucks
National Coffee Days Around The World
|Costa Rica||National Coffee Day||A day for our friends in Costa Rica to celebrate everything coffee related. Costa Rican coffee is regarded as among the best in the world.||September 12|
|Ireland||National Coffee Day||We have a National Irish Coffee Day over here, but in Ireland they just call it National Coffee Day and they celebrate it in September every year.||September 19|
|Japan||National Coffee Day||This is the day that our Japanese friends have chosen to honor coffee.||October 1|
|Brazil||National Coffee Day||Coffee production in Brazil is responsible for around a third of all coffee. This is their day to celebrate the drink.||May 24|
National Coffee Day dates 2022 to 2026
What is international coffee day and where did it come from
International Coffee Day (October 1st) is an occasion that is utilized to advertise and appreciate coffee as a drink, with events happening throughout the globe. The initial date was set in 2015, as agreed by the International Coffee Organization and was launched in Milan. This day is additionally utilized to advertise and publicize fair trade coffee and to enhance awareness for the suffering of the coffee producers. On this day, many organizations give away free or reduced cups of coffee. A number of business provide coupons and special offers for their faithful followers through social media marketing. Some greeting card corporations manufacture National Coffee Day greeting cards and also free electronic cards.
History and how it became Coffee Day in different countries
From a conversation on Twitter (Social Network), on 9 March 2020, on demand of a humble friend, it was decided by the local Cremona coffee shop to launch the first official international coffee day in Cremona city as part of friendship. Several events have been held, dubbed Coffee Day or national coffee day, with many of these held on or around September 29th.
The exact origin of International coffee day is unknown. An event first promoted in Japan in 2013 by The All Japan Coffee association (全日綜合商法連盟). In the United States “coffee day” or “national coffee day” were mentioned publicly as early as 2007, with the first mention being in 2005. The name “international coffee day” was first used by Southern food and beverage museum, who called a press conference on 2nd October 2009 to celebrate it, and to announce the first new orleans coffee festival. It was promoted in china by the International coffee organization, first celebrated in 1997 and became an annual celebration in early april 2001.
Taiwan first celebrated International coffee day in 2009. Nepal first celebrated National coffee day on 17 November 2005. Indonesia, which first celebrated national coffee day on 17 August 2006, celebrated it on the same day of indonesia independence day.
The health benefits of coffee
Coffee is a popular beverage among coffee drinkers because it gives them an energizing rush throughout the morning. However, not everyone enjoys the taste of coffee, especially if they’re used to drinking tea. For those who enjoy the taste of coffee, however, it can provide them with many benefits. They may find that drinking coffee helps them stay focused and alert during the day and provides them with a sense of calmness and relaxation.
1. Caffeine boosts energy levels Coffee contains caffeine
There is evidence that coffee can help improve athletic performance as well as reduce fatigue. Caffeine appears to work by blocking adenosine receptors in the body, causing an increase in dopamine release. Some studies indicate that caffeine may also increase oxygen consumption, which would explain why it improves endurance.
Coffee consumption may help prevent type 2 diabetes, according to new research. A study published in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition found people who drank 3 cups of coffee daily were 31 percent less likely to develop type 2 diabetes than those who did not drink coffee.
2. Support brain health
Studies have shown that coffee can improve brain function and may reduce the onset of neurological diseases such as Alzheimer’s.
Caffeine may be particularly beneficial for older adults and those with sleep problems. However, it should not replace healthy lifestyle habits known to prevent these conditions, such as regular exercise, eating a diet rich in fruits and vegetables, and avoiding smoking and alcohol.
Funny Coffee Wishes for National Coffee Day
- A coffee mug in the hand is a weapon that can keep all your worries and challenges away….. So cheers to coffee and cheers to International Coffee Day.
- International Coffee Day reminds us that life is much better when you have a coffee to start your day and end your day….. So never miss on your cup of coffee.
- Just like breakfast is incomplete without coffee, life is also incomplete without a freshly brewed cup of coffee…. Cheers to the coffee beans loaded with energy…. Happy International Coffee Day.
- If you have coffee in your life, you need nothing else because coffee has the power to set everything right…. So enjoy International Coffee Day with your favorite beverage!!!
Best National Coffee Day Quotes
- “A day without coffee is like… just kidding. I have no idea.”
- “Life happens. Coffee helps.”
- “I don’t need motivational speech. I need one cup of coffee in the natural weather.”
- “Coffee, because adulting is hard.”
- “Coffee, aka, survival juice.”
- “Stressed, blessed, and coffee obsessed.”
- “I can’t espresso how much you bean to me.”
- “I like big cups and I cannot lie.”
- “Coffee — a hug in a mug.”
- “Today’s good mood is sponsored by coffee.”
- “A coffee a day keeps the grumpy away.”
- “Drink coffee and do good.”
- “Wanna hear a joke? Decaf.”
- “I love it when the coffee kicks in and I realize what an adorable bad*ss I’m gonna be today.”
- “But first, coffee.”
- “Coffee owns me, and I’m fine with that.”
- “Maybe she’s born with it. Maybe it’s caffeine.”
- “It’s always coffee time.”
- “Put your hair up in a bun, drink some coffee, and handle it.”
- “May your coffee be stronger than any challenges you face today. But if not, remember: DON’T throw your cup at anyone. You need it for refills.”
- “Coffee smells like magic and fairytales.”
- “First I drink the coffee. Then I do the things.”
- “Drink coffee and pretend to know what you’re doing.”
- “No matter what historians claimed, BC really stood for ‘before coffee.’”
- “Coffee is always a good idea.”
- “You’re brew-tiful.”
- “Coffee is my love language.”
- “Don’t underestimate the power of coffee and a girl with a dream.”
- “Happiness is a cup of coffee and a good book.”
- “My birthstone is a coffee bean.”
- National Coffee Days Around The World
- National Coffee Day dates 2022 to 2026
- What is international coffee day and where did it come from
- History and how it became Coffee Day in different countries
- The health benefits of coffee
- Funny Coffee Wishes for National Coffee Day
- Best National Coffee Day Quotes